A recent study showed among professionals, six crippling habits that have caused problems in 9 out of 10 companies.
1. Social Media Websites: From Twitter to Facebook, 82% of workers are opening up their browsers and your security to social media.
2. Opening inappropriate email attachments: 57% of workers are opening up these attachments, many times from seemingly safe sources.
3. Downloading Games: The study showed 52% of professionals have a gaming habit at work.
4. Plugging in unauthorized USB and personal devices: 51% don't realize that plugging in the wrong device can share more than just photos.
5. Illegal Downloads (pirating movies, music or software): Of the 45% who do this, they may not realize that those downloads can have malicious software hitching a ride onto their computers.
6. Looking for other jobs: 39% of workers are shopping, and they find emails, offers, and fake websites for hackers posing as potential employers.
Cycrest steps in to help prevent and remove the malware and fix the problems caused by these bad habits to reduce your downtime, protect your data, and save you money. The companies studied found problems directly caused by these users' actions, including:
- Viruses (77%)
- Slow Computers (74%)
- Crashed Computers (55%)
- Mass popups (48%)
- Inability to open email (33%)
Cycrest increases your productivity and reduces downtime by using better software, remote access, regular disk cleanup, and automatic backup solutions, setting up a security system around your organization and its data. But that's only part of the equation, if you want to keep the door shut and locked, there are several things you can do:
- If you haven't already, ask about our Support Plans that provide real-time monitoring, security updates, virus scans, malware scans, regular backups, and other preventative measures.
- Be careful in opening any emails: Turn images off, verify senders, and ask Cycrest about spam protection software.
- Be careful when using public wifi networks.
- Have and enforce policies on computer use. (HIPAA requires written policies on computer use and enforcement procedures.)
- If you aren't sure if something is a scam, give Cycrest a call and we'll be happy to let you know.
If you have any further questions on what you can do or how Cycrest can help, give us a call. Cycrest, "Providing Stability and Increased Productivity to Your Organization," all with a "One Call…Total Service" approach.