Hackers can crack some passwords like "letmein," "password," or "qwerty" almost instantly. But a good password can take years to hack. Cycrest wants to help you keep your information safe and your business running smoothly. Cycrest provides default passwords that are secure and HIPAA compliant.
But passwords should be changed regularly. HIPAA requires it every 90 days. So Cycrest has some tips to help create a memorable but secure password.
- If you need a reminder on your desk, use a security question instead of your password.
Example: Where Did I Go On My Honeymoon?
- Don't use real words or patterns on a keyboard. Instead try spelling a word backwards or using an acronym.
Example: I went to the Couer d'Alene Resort becomes"iwttcdar" or "eneladreuoc."
- Substitute numbers for certain letters.
Example: "1wt7cdar" or "eneladr3u0c".
- Randomly add capital letters. (Capitals in the middle of your password are even better than at the beginning.)
Example: "1wT7cdar" or "EnEladr3u0C"
- Always put in a special character. Use one that makes sense to you, even if it isn't obvious.
- To create a unique password for each of your programs, try adding the first three letters to the end of your password.
Passwords like these will be memorable, unique to you, and will be virtually impossible to crack. As always, if you need more help, let Cycrest know. We're always available to help.
Cycrest Systems, Inc. "Providing Stability and Increased Productivity to your Organization," all with a "One Call…Total Service" approach.
@ Copyright 2018 All Rights Reserved.
Brought to you by Cycrest Systems, Inc
For more IT information, check out our bi-weekly newsletter here: Click here for the whole newsletter